Oh the joys of a good book or a good podcast!
The Peter Attia Drive:
- #130 – Carol Tavris, Ph.D. & Elliot Aronson, Ph.D.: Recognizing and overcoming cognitive dissonance
- #82 – Mark Messier: Leadership, personal growth, and performing under pressure
- #60 – Annie Duke, decision strategist: Poker as a model system for life-how to improve decision making, use frameworks for learning, and apply backcasting’ to boost your odds for future success
- #40- Tom Catena, M.D.: The World’s most important doctor to nearly a million patients saving countless lives in the war-torn and remote villages of Sudan
- #47- Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep- Part I of III: Dangers of poor sleep, Alzheimer’s risk, mental health, memory Consolidation, and more.
- #48 Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep Part Il of III: Heart disease, cancer, sexual function, and the causes of sleep disruption (and tips to correct it)
- #49- Matthew Walker, Ph.D., on sleep- Part I of III: The penetrating effects of poor sleep from metabolism to performance to genetics, and the impact of caffeine, alcohol, THC, and CBD on sleep
- #154 – Steve Levitt, Ph.D.: A rogue economist’s view on climate change, mental health, the ethics of experiments, and more
People I (Mostly) Admire:
- 11. Paul Romer: “I Figured Out How to Get Myself Fired From the World Bank.”
- 6. Nathan Myhrvold: “I Am Interested in Lots of Things, and That’s Actually a Bad Strategy”
- 457. Is Dialysis a Test Case of Medicare for AII?
Lex Fridman Podcast:
- #146 Michael Mina: Rapid Testing, Viruses, and the Engineering Mindset
- Elon Musk: Neuralink, Al, Autopilot, and the Pale Blue Dot
- #161 Jason Calacanis: Startups, Angel Investing, Capitalism, and Friendship